A Butternut squash is not a pumpkin, but one thing is for sure, its taste is not only creamy and textured but it has awesome health benefits.
High in potassium, butternut squash will definitely help keep your blood pressure in check.
Managing your blood pressure can reduce your risk for stroke and heart disease.
Its high fiber content helps with regulating blood sugar.
- 1 large whole butternut squash, diced/ preboiled
- 1 jag of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons salted butter or vegetable oil
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream or coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg or any spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (optional)
In a large soup pot melt the butter or cooking oil and fry the onions and garlic until a little light brown.
Add the butternut squash to the pot then pour the chicken stock and bring it to a simmer for 20 minutes
Remove the pot from the heat and add the cream, the spices, salt, and brown sugar.
Blend the mixture on a regular blender or food processor to puree.
Serve with bread or salad as an appetizer and enjoy with friends and family.