Chef and squash expert Jenny Thull shared two tasty squash recipes on KARE 11 Saturday.
GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. — Fall is the season for squash.
Whether it’s butternut, spaghetti, or acorn, the options are endless if you know what to look for.
Chef and squash expert Jenny Thull shared some tasty squash recipes on KARE 11 Saturday.
Potimarron Squash Pork or Turkey Tenderloin Roulade
- 1 boneless pork or turkey tenderloin
- 1 cup sauteed mushrooms
- ⅓ cup cooked wild rice
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 small Honeycrisp or SweeTango apple
- 1 cup small cubed Potimarron Squash (or Butternut, Banana Squash, or any of your favorite squash
- 2 garlic cloves
- 6 ounces spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 6 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh saged, chopped
- Salt, pepper, sugar for seasoning tenderloin
Preheat grill to 450 degrees.
Place tenderloin on cutting board covered with parchment paper.
Start at bottom of tenderloin and slice lengthwise and open.
Cover with plastic wrap and, using a meat mallet, flatten to ¼ inch thickness.
Season inside with salt and pepper.
Heat a large skillet over medium and cook bacon until crispy and fat is rendered. Remove with slotted spoon.
Add squash and apple to bacon grease until soft, about 8-10 minutes.
Stir in chopped sage, garlic and spinach.
Allow spinach to wilt if fresh.
Stir in rice, mushrooms, and goat cheese, and bacon.
Spread mixture on tenderloin leaving an inch and half around the edges.
Tightly roll up and secure with kitchen twine.
Season outside of tenderloin with salt, pepper, and a light layer of sugar.
Grill for 30 minutes after browning all sides until thermometer inserted reaches 140-145 degrees.
Allow to rest for ten minutes covered before removing twine and slicing.
Red Kuri Harvest Bowl
- ½ Red Kuri Squash, chopped into ¾ inch cubes, (optional roasted ahead of time)
- 1 onion
- 1 Radicchio
- 12 ounces Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 1 can Chickpeas, drained and dried
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup roasted hull-less pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup cooked rice (mixed, wild rice, etc or any grains)
- 5 ounces Super Green mix greens (red and green swiss chard, tat soi, arugula, and spinach)
- Green Goddess Dressing or Balsamic Salad Dressing
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Roast the squash and onion on one baking sheet.
Cut radicchio into bite size pieces and …….