Thai butternut squash soup is perfect for those chilly days when one wants something warm and comforting.
When it’s wet and cold outside, why not warm up with a tasty
Thai Butternut Squash Soup is the combination of delicious,
seasonal butternut squash, along with the amazing flavours of fresh ginger,
Thai curry paste and coconut milk. Just add a piece of crusty bread and enjoy a
fast and easy meal.
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 16 minutes
Total time 26 minutes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 medium (10 ounces) brown onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
1 1/2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
1 14 ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
1 cup vegetable stock
3 pounds butternut squash, peeled an cut into small chunks
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
1. To a heavy soup pan or Dutch oven add the olive oil and butter over medium heat.
2. Add the onion to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger, stir and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the red curry paste, coconut milk, vegetable stock, butternut squash salt and pepper.
3. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes until the squash is tender.
4. Use an immersion blender and blend until smooth or add the soup to a blender and blend in batches. Taste for seasoning and add if needed.
5. Serve immediately garnished with parsley.