WASHINGTON, D.C. – The Dickinson women’s squash team wrapped up a busy three-day stretch with a convincing 9-0 win over the host Georgetown University on Sunday afternoon at Squash on Fire in the District.
Inside the Match
Dickinson earned six 3-0 shutout victories during the match thanks to Amna Fayyaz, Whitney Finney, Cate Moll, Anna O’Connor, Emerson Rains, and Courtney Trail. Trail’s match at the second flight had the potential to go either way early as she won the first two games 12-10, before closing the third 11-9. In the number four slot, Eloise Nimoityn dropped the first game against Grace Feagin, prior to winning the next three. Jocelyn Feliciano and Ellissa Goldman both had to go four games but earned wins as well.
- Amna Fayyaz (DC) over Caroline Wilcox (GU) – 11-5, 11-9, 11-3
- Courtney Trail (DC) over Nina Thomas (GU) – 12-10, 12-10, 11-9
- Anna O’Connor (DC) over Julia Sachman (GU) – 11-6, 11-6, 11-7
- Eloise Nimoityn (DC) over Grace Feagin (GU) – 6-11, 11-6, 11-8, 11-6
- Whitney Finney (DC) over Sarah Connor (GU) – 11-6, 11-3, 11-6
- Cate Moll (DC) over Minna Holleck (GU) – 11-7, 11-7, 11-9
- Jocelyn Feliciano (DC) over Nina Flinn (GU) – 11-7, 11-5, 4-11, 11-9
- Ellissa Goldman (DC) over Chloe Kim (GU) – 13-11, 11-4, 8-11, 11-3
- Emerson Rains (DC) over Margaret Rand (GU) – 11-6, 11-4, 11-6
- Elizabeth Howerton (DC) over Catherine Friendly (GU) – 11-4, 7-11, 11-6, 12-10 (Did not count in team score)
Next on the Court
Dickinson will have a little time off before returning to action on Friday, February 25th when they head to Boston, Massachusetts for the College Squash Association National Championships from the 25th-27th.